The Gauteng Sports Confederation has partnered with the Sports Science Institute of South Africa (SSISA) to deliver the Wellness and Fitness Convention that takes place from 17 to 19 February at Emperors’ Palace in Johannesburg.
The convention will feature top local and international speakers with more than 1 000 published scientific papers between them. There will be over 40 different educational sessions and 35 presenters to choose from.
GSC president Barry Hendricks said the partnership with SSISA at this conference had the potential to improve the way sport programmes are practiced and implemented and to take fitness to a new level.
“I think this is a wonderful opportunity for people, sports organisations and federations in Gauteng because it will assist to fast track their sporting programmes. In addition and learning new international trends will put fitness experts well ahead in their training”, Hendricks said.
“This will be an opportunity to learn, network and share ideas with likeminded individuals. This is the era to get fit and SISA has just the right recipe at this conference. We are proud to partners SSISA in this endeavour.”
SSISA is a NGO that uses the application of evidence-based scientific research as well as experience in various fields to service the general public and its programmes extend from very basic health and fitness programmes to cutting edge training and testing regimes for elite athletes.
The convention programme features five dedicated themed tracks over three days with topics covering the latest trends, information and best practice.
- A Pre-convention focused on schools sports, youth talent identification and development;
- A Health Track covering the consequences of physical activity, sedentary behaviour and how research can be, and is, translated into practice to achieve population-wide impact and health equity.
- A Technology Track focusses on staying ahead of your game and keeping abreast of the emerging technological trends in the industry.
- A Business Track covering the business acumen of health, wellness and sport.
- A Performance Track addressing the fundamental aspects associated with high performance and how to implement it.
For more information visit https://www.ssisa.com/project/ssisa-fitness-convention-2016/